17 March 2010

Glenburn Lodge Gardens

Date: 13 & 14 March 2010

Location: Glenburn Lodge, in the Magaliesberg, Gauteng

Walkers: Helen

I spent the weekend at the comfortable Glenburn Lodge on the edge of the Magaliesberg for a work conference. In my spare time - late Saturday afternoon and early Sunday morning - I strolled around the hotel environs.







The gardens were very green and lush, with lovely water features.




Many paths lead down to the main pond, focal point of the front garden.




From here it was a short walk down to the Crocodile River.




In the evening I disturbed a fallow deer here. Hello, Bambi's mom!



In the morning I walked upriver to a small dam.



The nearby hill was reflected perfectly in the mirror-like surface. What a tranquil spot!



I also checked out some of the hotel facilities: swimming pool and spa, kid's playground and mini-golf, tennis court, outdoor chess-set...




And I kept a watch on the nearby koppie and the dramatic highveld skies. There was a bit of thunder and lightning and a few drops of rain in the early evening but it wasn't quite the thunderstorm I was hoping for!



(Photos by Helen)
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to go for a *work* conference, Helen! I particularly love the shot of Bambi's mom - sooo beautiful.

C.J. said...

the best part of Glenburn is the Sunday buffet... period