18 December 2010

Lion's Head: Training Walk, Week 7

Date: 18 December 2010

Location: Lion's Head

Walkers: Michele & Helen

For other training walks see here. For the Lion's Head archive see here.


Before: Back to Lion's Head. This time, a morning walk with an early start: 7am. I'm not a morning person. But it was a simply gorgeous day... and once I'd got over the shock of the early hour it was a pleasure to be out.



The walk: Excellent! Half-way up I had to have a short rest (a little bit of low blood pressure feebleness once again) but then carried on and felt fine.



Cape Town was looking particularly beautiful, and this walk remains one of my favourite routes of all time. I'm still not getting bored repeating this walk. And even though both Michele and I are slowly getting fitter (which is the whole point of our training programme of course) this walk is very much still a challenge... uphill all the way, baby.




We decided to turn around at the plateau. Big walk planned for tomorrow!



These tiny flowers were everywhere, some with white petals, some white and pink. I think they are Dianthus albens. Aren't they adorable?


.

1 comment:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Some super fantastic wonderful views of Cape Town from Lions Head.