07 April 2011

Kirstenbosch: Pretty in Pink

Date: 3 April 2011

Location: Kirstenbosch

Walker: Helen

The Kirstenbosch archive is here.



I was happy to see that it's plectranthus season at Kirstenbosch again, with spectacular shows of the pink, purple and pink flowers in the shady sections of the garden. So very pretty!





The local fox-gloves, also in white and pink, were looking lovely.



As I meandered about I noticed many pink and purple flowers.








Up near the top of the garden I watched a helicopter buzzing around Castle Rocks. I wondered if there was a rescue in progress, but it did not land or lower a stretcher, so I guess not.



The erica beds were also dominated by pink. Truly, April seems to be the pink month!







For the first time in ages I walked all the way down to the Silvertree Restaurant at the bottom of the garden and had a quick bite from the deli.



.

2 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

This is one of the wonders of Kirstenbosch. There is always something flowering. Looking at all the flower pictures in the post one would think its Spring.

Reggie said...

Kirstenbosch truly is a national treasure. Looove the photos in this Pink Collection. :-)