05 November 2011

Kirstenbosch: Pretty Pastels



Date: 16 October 2011

Location: Kirstenbosch

Walker: Michele & Helen

The Kirstenbosch archive is here.

I find Scabiosa, both the lilac and the white, utterly charming flowers and I'm always happy to see them in bloom at Kirstenbosch. Aren't they lovely?





I also like white Watsonia, also looking spectacular this time of year.




As I walked up the hill I passed the huge Mimetes bush.



I walked on up to the green slopes at the very top of the garden...




... and met up with the rest of the gang for our first picnic of the summer. Lazing around in the spring sunshine is the best way to spend a Sunday!



On the way back down the hill later I passed more flowers, my eye catching those with softer colours - pinks, creams, lilacs.






The sun was about to disappear, with Devil's Peak peak still catching the rays, and wreathed in a little cloud.



.

1 comment:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

There is always something new in flower at Kirstenbosch. Its such an amazing place and I have to take the family there in Dec.